Wright Library is pleased to offer basic notary services to the public at no charge.
We recommend calling in advance to ensure a notary is available and able to accept the documents you have.
What we CAN notarize:
- Simple documents that do not require special expertise, such as:
- Auto titles
- Simple affidavits, for example, the BMV's Fifty Hour Affidavit
- Medical release forms
What we CANNOT notarize:
- Documents in languages other than English
- Children’s signatures or fingerprints
- Real estate transactions
- I-9 forms
- Lengthy, complex documents
- Bring valid, government-issued photo ID
- Bring all unsigned documents to be notarized. Documents must be signed in the presence of the notary.
- Complete all information above the signature line prior to signature notarization
- Bring your own witness(es) if needed.
- Present documents in plenty of time before closing; notary service ends 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- Limit notary requests to no more than 5 signatures per patron, per day
Our notaries reserve the right at their discretion to refuse a request that does not satisfy identification or document requirements, exceeds the intention of the services we offer, or prevents staff from fulfilling the primary mission of the library.