3 ways to participate
Prize Sheets give you 2 ways to participate and earn prizes.
The 3rd way you can participate this year is to contribute your own original artwork and writing to Wright Library's Youth Services Book of Summer.
Make sure to claim all prizes by 5 PM on Sunday, August 13, 2023!
How does it work?
- Mark the calendar on your Prize Sheet each day you read at least 30 minutes.
- Reach your goal on 14 days in a single month (or 5 days between May 20-31) and you’ve earned a prize book!
- Reach your goal every day in a single month (or every day May 20-31) to earn a bonus book and a spin of the prize wheel!
- Visit the library’s Youth Services desk with your Reading Calendar to claim prizes or spin the prize wheel.
How does it work?
- Complete an activity listed on the Bingo card and mark that box on your Prize Sheet.
- Complete 5 activities in a row and you’ve got a bingo! Each bingo earns you a bingo prize.
- Complete all Bingo activities (coverall) to earn a spin of the prize wheel! You may earn up to 5 bingos and 1 coverall per month.
- Visit the library’s Youth Services desk with your Bingo card to claim Bingo prizes or spin the prize wheel.
Download your Bingo card and Reading Calendar:
Book of Summer
What is the Book of Summer?
To encourage writing skills and engagement with books, Wright Library is putting together a book entirely made up of children’s and teens' submissions. This book will be bound and kept in the library.
How can I participate?
Submit your creative work the at the Youth Services desk inside the library. Submissions may take many forms—book reviews, illustrations, reimagined cover art, original stories, poems, etc..
All submissions should be your own work; on single-thickness construction paper, note paper, printer paper, or similar; and no longer than one page (front & back) per month.
Each month that you submit something to the Book of Summer earns you a spin of the prize wheel!
Watch the Summer Reading 2023 Official Video, starring WMPL Library Ambassadors.