Getting Your Library Card
- You must be an Ohio resident.
- Adults 18+ need photo ID with proof of current address. (If your photo ID does not have your correct address, bring a second form of ID with the correct address, such as a recently dated piece of mail addressed to you.)
- Children under 18 must be present and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with ID/proof of address, as noted above.
- Visit the Library checkout desk to receive your card immediately - OR - register using our online form to have your card mailed to you.
- If registering online, please bring valid photo ID with you the first time you check out materials using your new card.
New Patron Borrowing Limits
New patrons have provisional borrowing privileges for 60 days. This allows you to borrow:
- maximum of 20 items total
- up to 5 of these can be AV items (DVD, Blu-ray, or console games).
After 60 days, if the account is in good standing, you will be able to borrow:
- maximum of 150 items
- up to 25 may be AV items (DVD, Blu-ray), 5 of which may be console games
The Library supports educators by offering a special card for their professional use. Home educators and school teachers alike are eligible to apply for teacher cards, which allow holders longer loan periods, higher item limits, and some fine forgiveness.
Teacher Card Policy and Application
Visit our Patron & Borrowing Policies Page.