Please visit our eCards page for information regarding online-only eCards, offering access only to our online digital content.
Requirements for our standard library card (to borrow physical items or digital content)
- You must be an Ohio resident.
- Adults 18+ must present photo ID with proof of current address.
- If your photo ID does not have your correct address, bring a second document showing your name and correct address. See our list of Valid Forms of ID and Address Verification.
- Children under 18 must be present and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with ID/proof of address, as noted above, or download and complete the application for minors and send it to us.
- Visit the Library checkout desk to receive your card immediately - OR - register using our online form to have your card mailed to you.
- If you register online, please bring valid photo ID with you the first time you check out materials using your new card.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
Note: To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Wright Library does not collect information from minors under the age of 13 through our website. If you would like your child to have a Wright Library card, please download and complete this form and return it by email, fax, or mail, along with a copy of the parent/guardian’s photo ID.
Borrowing Limits - New Patrons
New patrons have provisional borrowing privileges for 60 days. This allows you to borrow:
- maximum of 20 items total
- up to 5 of these can be AV items (DVD, Blu-ray, or console games)
- any item in the collection except Makerboxes, Mobile Hotspots, and Tablets/eReaders
Borrowing Limits - Patrons
After 60 days, if your account is in good standing, you will be able to borrow:
- maximum of 150 items
- up to 25 may be AV items (DVD, Blu-ray), 5 of which may be console games
- any item in the collection including Makerboxes, Mobile Hotspots, and Tablets/eReaders (Note: Signed waiver is required for Makerboxes and electronic devices. A parent must sign waiver for patrons under 18.)
The Library supports educators by offering a special card for their professional use. Home educators and school teachers alike are eligible to apply for teacher cards, which allow holders longer loan periods and some fine forgiveness.
Teacher Card Policy and Application
Visit our Patron & Borrowing Policies Page.