|Start & End Times||
Happy Earth Day!
Wright Library invites you to join us for a discussion of the film Anthropocene: The Human Epoch. This film is available through the library's streaming service, Kanopy. Please watch the film on your own, then join an online discussion on Wednesday, April 22 at 7:00 p.m. Registration is required to receive an invitation to the online discussion.
This event has already taken place. See other upcoming conversations.
About the film:
A stunning sensory experience and cinematic meditation on humanity's massive reengineering of the planet, ANTHROPOCENE: THE HUMAN EPOCH is a years-in-the-making feature documentary from the award-winning team behind Manufactured Landscapes and Watermark and is narrated by Alicia Vikander. The film follows the research of an international body of scientists, the Anthropocene Working Group who, after nearly 10 years of research, argue that the Holocene Epoch gave way to the Anthropocene Epoch in the mid-twentieth century as a result of profound and lasting human changes to the Earth. Learn more....
Accessing the film:
- If you already have a Kanopy account, click here and log in.
- If you have a Wright Library card,
- Go to Kanopy
- Click Add Library Card
- Enter your 14 digit card number and PIN (this is your library account password)
- Create an account with Kanopy by providing an email address and password
- If you do not have a library card, you can register for an eCard by completing this form. For additional information, visit the library's ecard page. Once you have a card, go back to #2 above.