Borrow an Activity Pass
Free family passes to participating Dayton museums, parks, and historical attractions are available for loan from Wright Library.
Thanks to our local partners, attractions include:
- Boonshoft Museum: Dayton Society of Natural History
- SunWatch Indian Village: Dayton Society of Natural History
- The International Peace Museum
- Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm
- Dayton Art Institute
- Carillon Historical Park: A Dayton History Experience
How does it work?
- Passes are available to any Wright Library cardholder in good standing, who
- has been a cardholder for at least 60 days
- is 8 years of age or older
- has a signed Library of Things waiver on file (patrons under 18 must have waiver signed by parent/guardian)
- Loan period is three days
- Overdue fines are $1/day ($10.00 max)
- The passes cover admission to the site for the cardholder and family or guests (number of guests varies by site)
- The passes do not confer all membership privileges
- The fee for a lost pass ranges from $50-$250 (the cost of the membership)
Check for availability by calling the library at (937) 294-7171 or visit Wright Library’s online catalog and search for “doorway to Dayton.”
FAST PASSES are available for each destination on a first come first serve basis.
You may place a hold on a pass, but cannot reserve it for a specific date. The library will notify you when the pass is available.
You may borrow only one pass per household at any one time.
Before visiting an attraction, confirm operating hours or learn of any Covid limitations by contacting your destination:
Boonshoft Museum: Dayton Society of Natural History
The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery is a children's museum and science and technology center.
2600 Deweese Pkwy.
SunWatch Indian Village: Dayton Society of Natural History
SunWatch Indian Village / Archaeological Park is a reconstructed Fort Ancient Native American village next to the Great Miami River.
2301 W. River Rd.
International Peace Museum
One-of-a-kind exhibits to raise awareness of nonviolent strategies for achieving peace now and in the future.
Courthouse Plaza SW
10 N. Ludlow St.
Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm
The Center includes a nature center, working farm, and six miles of hiking trails that take hikers through a host of habitats including a forest, prairie, marsh, and pond. Aullwood has an annual visitation of 80,000 and is considered the premier Audubon Center in the United States. The Center is a 20-minute drive from downtown Dayton and a 5-minute drive from the Dayton International Airport.
1000 Aullwood Road
Dayton Art Institute
The Dayton Art Institute is a museum of fine arts.
4546 Belmonte Park North
Carillon Historical Park: A Dayton History Experience
Carillon Historical Park is a 65-acre park and museum, which contains historic buildings and exhibits concerning the history of technology and the history of Dayton and its residents from 1796 to the present.
1000 Carillon Blvd.